Nvidia drivers not gelling with the 6.9 kernel

Troubleshooting and discussion of kernels, drivers, dracut, and everything related to the core of any Linux system - kernel.
Pullockaran
https://dekodeco.com.pl/producent-mebli-na-wymiar-w-warszawie-nowoczesne-kuchnie/

Nvidia drivers not gelling with the 6.9 kernel

Post by Pullockaran »

Namskaram, newbie here, I have two desktops, one has the nvidia 710gt video card and the other nvidia 9600gt video card. I have the proprietary nvidia drivers installed for the 710gt, and it purrs along using the 6.6 kernel, but try as I might, I cannot not get it to run with the 6.9 kernel. On the other computer I have the ancient 9600gt card with the nouveau drivers, and it accepts the 6.9 kernel, and which I am using to type this post. I think some work needs to be done on the 6.9 kernel to play sport with nvidia drivers. I do not play games using the Linux operating system, since I use it for office work and therefore does not bother me much.
pid1
Site Admin

Re: Nvidia drivers not gelling with the 6.9 kernel

Post by pid1 »

Usually it takes a week or two before nVidia releases drivers compatible with a new major or minor kernel version. From there, it may take another day or to to become available in the Void repositories.
Linux/BSD since 2001. Void Linux+KDE/Plasma since 2015. Windows? Not even in a virtual machine :D
Pullockaran

Re: Nvidia drivers not gelling with the 6.9 kernel

Post by Pullockaran »

Namaskaram, thank you very much pid1 for the heads-up.