Openbox In Void

Need help customizing or patching a package? Maybe seeking advice on contributing to the void-packages official Github repo.
shortarcflyer
https://dekodeco.com.pl/producent-mebli-na-wymiar-w-warszawie-nowoczesne-kuchnie/

Openbox In Void

Post by shortarcflyer »

I have Void xfce DE installed and added openbox wm to it as well. When logged into xfce DE I can access other distros (and their files) multibooted alongside Void. But when logged into openbox wm, they only way I can access other distros (and their files) is if I individually mount each distro in terminal ( sudo mount /dev/sda* /mnt) and accessing them through the /mount folder. Is there another or better way to make them mount automatically without having to do this each time I am logged into openbox wm? Thanks for any help!
Void Linux
pid1
Site Admin

Re: Openbox In Void

Post by pid1 »

Hi sortarcflyer (RC flyer I take it?),

I've never used Openbox but maybe it lacks support for automounting discovered filesystems If that's the case you can manually add the other mount points to your /etc/fstab file or you can use AutoFS to automatically mount your desired filesystems upon access. Usually AutoFS is used for remote filesystems or removable media and a manually entry with /etc/fstab is likely preferred if the drives are a permanent installation.
Linux/BSD since 2001. Void Linux+KDE/Plasma since 2015. Windows? Not even in a virtual machine :D
shortarcflyer

Post by shortarcflyer »

The manual edit of my /etc/fstab worked like a champ after adjusting it a few times to get it like I wanted. Many thanks pid1!
Void Linux
shortarcflyer

Post by shortarcflyer »

Oh by the way. I dont fly RC planes but am a licensed private pilot. User name shortarcflyer is a combination of being a weldor (shortarc) and pilot (flyer).
Void Linux
pid1
Site Admin

Post by pid1 »

shortarcflyer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:49 pm The manual edit of my /etc/fstab worked like a champ after adjusting it a few times to get it like I wanted. Many thanks pid1!
Happy to hear!
shortarcflyer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:52 pm Oh by the way. I dont fly RC planes but am a licensed private pilot. User name shortarcflyer is a combination of being a weldor (shortarc) and pilot (flyer).
Hello fellow pilot 8-)
Linux/BSD since 2001. Void Linux+KDE/Plasma since 2015. Windows? Not even in a virtual machine :D